What We Do
As a firm that is exclusively focused on the needs of business owners and entrepreneurs, we help small business owners build, manage, and transition their businesses. Whether it’s helping to form a startup, drafting a buy-sell agreement, assessing a company’s business succession and exit planning alternatives, drafting a customized estate plan based on the needs of the family and the business, or providing transaction advisory services for a variety of shareholder transactions (i.e., gifting or selling to the next generation, selling to existing shareholders or partners, to a group of employees, to an Employee Stock Ownership Plan [ESOP], or to a financial or strategic buyer), we can help.
We view planning for business owners and entrepreneurs–and especially business succession planning–as a team sport and work collaboratively with an owner’s full advisory team to design and implement a business succession and exit plan that best meets an owner’s long-term business transition planning goals and objectives and that maximizes the outcomes for all stakeholders.
We regularly counsel small business owners on:
- Advising and forming startups;
- Business succession planning;
- Drafting buy-sell and shareholder agreements;
- Transaction advisory (i.e., corporate restructurings, M&A advisory, and shareholder buyouts, redemptions, buybacks, and buyins);
- Drafting and implementing estate, wealth transfer, and tax plans that are customized for business owners and and their businesses; and
- Defending against IRS and Franchise Tax Board estate, gift, and income tax deficiency, collections, and lien and levy actions.
We are located at 1602 E. 4th street, Santa Ana, CA, in the historic Watt’s Law building, conveniently located near the 5 and 55 freeways and the Federal Court Building.