Article and Video Links on Select Business Planning Topics
- Launching a Startup: 8 Steps to Make it Happen.
- 6 Steps to Get Your Business Startup on Track For Long Term Success.
- Writing Off Your Start-Up Expenses.
- Sole Proprietorship – Is The Risk Worth It?
Business Succession Planning
- WTLG’s Business Succession Planning Process. (Video)
- Close to Retirement? Then you need an Exit Strategy.
- Business Succession Planning: Key Questions To Ask.
- What Should I Do If My Business Chose The Wrong Successor?
- An Exit Strategy For The Solo Professional.
Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs)
- How To Transfer Your Business Using An ESOP.
- Industry Spotlight: Is An ESOP A Good Fit For Your Construction Company?
- Benefits of Implementing a Leveraged ESOP. (Video)
Buy-Sell and Shareholder Agreements
- Shareholder Disputes: The Good, The Bad And The Ugly.
- Will Your Buy-Sell Agreement Work When You Need It?
- Buy-Sell Agreements Can Ensure Continuity.
Estate and Wealth Transfer Planning for Business Owners
- Estate and Business Succession Planning for the Family Business. (Video)
- Transferring Ownership Of Your Business While Retaining Control: A GRAT or IDIT Can Help.
- Handing The Torch To The Next Generation.
- Pass Your Family Business To The Next Generation Using An IDGT And An Installment Sale.
- How to Meet the Challenges of Managing a Family Business.
- Survivorship Life Insurance Helps Pay Estate Taxes.
- What are the Differences Between a GRAT and an IDGT? (Video)
- How to Use a Grantor Retained Annuity Trust (GRAT) to Transfer a Family Business. (Video)
- How to Use an Intentionally Defective Grantor Trust (IDGT) to Transfer a Family Business. (Video)
- Asset Sales Versus Stock Sales: What You Need to Know.
- Accounting Terms: Understanding the accounting term EBITDA and how to use it.
- Leveraging IRC Secs. 1202 and 1045 to Minimize Taxes When Selling a C Corp. (Video)
- Making the IRC Sec. 338(h)(10) Election. (Video)
- Using a Failed M&A Deal Constructively.
- What’s My “Walk-Away” Price And How Should I Determine It?
- Retaining Customers After Your Business Transition.
- Personal Goodwill in Business Valuation.
- Selling Personal Goodwill.
- Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) Are Valuable Tools for Small Business Owners.